MIG Welder Buying Guide
Important Considerations Before Purchasing MIG welder
MIG welder is a powerful instrument in our life. We like to maintain and improve our home and industrial equipment. By a MIG welder, we can develop our settings. So everyone needs to keep a MIG welder in their home or industry.
The user has to concern about their needs. There is a different brand of MIG welder in the market. Each of them has different quality and features. Price and performance also vary. Some welder like to weld Aluminum and some look to steel and stainless steel, metal weld tool. Many MIG welders built in gas mode or gasless type. Some brand MIG welder operates with a spool gun. The welder has also a difference between MIG and TIG welder. Duty cycle differs from brand to brand.
There are different brands of MIG welder in the market. Each of welder brand has great features and quality. For your best welding profession, welding manufacturer provides a general user manual for your best handling. But there are some issues you have to learn beside this manual. You have to invest a standard value for buying welder machine. So before buying your best Mig welder, some issues have to study for your service.
MIG Welder Buying Guide:
There are many popular brands of MIG welder in the competitive market. Each of them provides user manual and guide. From this user able to best utilize their tool. There is a different level of a welder who looks for best feature MIG Welder. For them, I can give some tips about MIG welder buying guideline:
- Pick MIG welder from your level: User is different level- DIY, professional or beginner. Make decision wisely and pick your best MIG welder.
- Make a Budget Plan: Money doesn’t compare with quality. You need a quality tool to make your life smarter. So you have to select best MIG welder. I will suggest some of best quality MIG welders which built in good quality and goes to your budget plan:
- Lincoln EasyMIG 180
- Hobart 500553 Handler 210 MVP MIG Welder
- Hobart 500554001 Handler 190 with SpoolRunner 100
- Millermatic 140 MIG Welder
- Everlast Power I-MIG 200
- Forney 309 140 Amp MIG Welder
- Longevity MigWeld 140
- Lincoln Electric K2185-1
- Forney 304 MIG Welder
- Pro-Series MMIG125 125 Amp
- Forney 29901 125 FC MIG Welder Start-Up Kit
- Goplus MIG 130 Welder Flux Core Wire
- About voltage performance: Low power running MIG welder is idle to use. Most of the MIG welder run in 110v to the 140v range. Like Lotos MIG 140 use 110/120 input voltage power Their amp is also good working. In Hobart 500553 you will get dual voltage power like 115v and 230v. Like this
- Millermatci 211
- Millermatic 140
- Forney 309
- Everlast PowerI-MIG 140
- Campbell Hausfeld WF2150 Flux Core Wire Feed Welder
- Goplus MIG 130 welders
- Lotos 140 and 175 MIG welder
- Hobart 500559
These all are low input voltage charger require and give a most smooth performance for welding.
- What Type of Technology Use: In previous MiG welder built in arch made technology. Now comes a new version of DC (Direct Current) which offer the user great use performance. Forney 324 is one of them. beside other function that helps your welding result outstanding. Forney 324 and Everlast 140E, 200 has some of the features like
- Spool Gun
- Tweco Gun
- TIG torch and MIG torch
- IGBT Inverter
- Euro connect MIG Gun
- Gasless flux core wire
These issues need to look and observe before you choose a MIG welder for your use. Its help as your buying guide and the information bring right MIG welder in your hand.
What thing we should consider before Buying Best Mig welder
Before buying an idle MIG welder, the user has to consider some important facts. These are:
- Weight and Portability: professional or DIY, everyone needs to know well about their MIG welder weight pound and transport facility. Like Longevity MIG welder 140 has only 54 pounds and easy to port. Everlast poweri-MIG 140E also 25 pounds weight with light features.
- Power System: A MIG welder need to support all place electric power system. The user able to run flexible. Like Lotos MIG 140 use 110/120 input voltage Millermatic 140 also need 115v. Hobart 500553 Handler 210Mvp has dual voltage as 115/230v which give you most enjoy welding.
- Duty Cycle: The user has to focus on duty cycle. It helps them to get optimum performance. A duty cycle keeps your MIG welder from overheating and consume power. In Hobart 500553 handler 210Mvp where you get dual duty cycle. One has 115v offer 20% duty cycle at 90 amps and another has 230v offer 30% duty cycle at 150amp. There is some other MIG welder like Lotos, Longevity, Millimetric and much more also give user most duty cycle performance like this.
- Thermal Overload Protection: All MIG welder has not included the feature. If the user needs to work with MIG welder for long time phase, then my advice to look at thermal overload protection feature. It not only keeps MIG welder from overheating but also keep the user from accident case. Spool gun, IGBT inverter feature include Everlast poweri-MIG 140E is one of the best welders in this category.
- Safety Equipment: A MIG welder run by an electric line. For safety, the user needs to consider safety matter. They have to look safety equipment include MIG welder for their use.
- Welding mask
- Welding gloves
- Welding helmet
- Safety eye protect googles
- Leather made hand sleeves for hand and leg as well as for body protection.
Everlast Poweri-MIG 140E and Everlast Poweri-MIG 200 is built with the latest technology, inverter, and Tweco arc welding feature.
- Steel thick performance: Choose a perfect MIG welder which can easy to weld on steel or aluminum. A user like a weld 16gauge to 32 gauge. Also look for a thicker performance like a ¼ inch to 3/16 inches So the fact should consider before buying user niche MIG welder.
- TIG torch and MIG Torch Feature: MIG welder in generally offer a MIG torch for better service. Some of them provide TIG Torch like Everlast Power MTS 252si. Select your MIG welder which you want to use.
- Repair and Maintainance: beginner and DIY look MIG welder for Home Improvement. Professional looks for auto body and industry related job MIG welder.
For the beginner, for their light project, they can use
- Hobart 500599
- Lincoln Easy Mig 140
- Lotos Mig 140 Millermatic 252
- Forney 29901 125 FC MIG Welder
- Forney 309
- Goplus MIG 130 Welder
For industrialist, for their heavy project and maintenance, they can use :
- Everlast Poweri-MIG 140E
- Everlast Poweri-MIG 200
Flux core and Spool Gun feed Wire: Flux core wire which is also known as MIG wire. A flux-cored MIG welder helps to your multi-project welding. It develops with overload protection, auto set system with the MIG welder and built a strong connection. Features make welder performance high level and the user will weld any metal easily. Spool gun helps to feed with wire for welding metal. The user gets their accurate shape weld performance by spool gun. Morethan a spool gun best work on aluminum welding.
- Warranty and service: User should look MIG welder durability. Most of the brand offer 3 to 5 years warranty. Like Hobart, they offer 5/3/1 years warranty on labor and parts. Like them, Lincoln, Forney and Millermatic and much more offer durability with the best warranty service feature.
Overall facts need to consider before buying a perfect, featureful and durable base MIG welder.